For months, the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement has had their work cut out for them. They’ve been struggling with a problem that has been present in a lot more countries than just the United States – illegal immigration. During a four-day operation that ended Wednesday, they made a remarkable 498 arrests. People were shocked to find out that so many violations were made in just four days.
Operation ‘Safe City’ was an operation used to arrest violent immigrants who have in any way violated US immigration laws. However, this did not include individuals with active DACA, reports America’s Freedom Fighters.
ICE Director Tom Homan said this about the operation:
“Sanctuary jurisdictions that do not honor detainers or allow us access to jails and prisons are shielding criminal aliens from immigration enforcement and creating a magnet for illegal immigration. As a result, ICE is forced to dedicate more resources to conduct at-large arrests in these communities.
ICE’s goal is to build cooperative, respectful relationships with our law enforcement partners to help prevent dangerous criminal aliens from being released back onto the streets. Non-cooperation policies severely undermine that effort at the expense of public safety.”
After the operation ended, the ICE revealed that 28 arrests were made in Baltimore, 30 in Cook County, Illinois, 63 in Denver, 101 in Los Angeles, 45 in New York, 107 in Philadelphia, 33 in Seattle, 27 in Santa Clara County, California, 14 in Washington D.C. and 50 in Massachusetts.
Most of the individuals who taken into custody already had other criminal convictions, 68 were immigration fugitives, 104 were previously deported criminal aliens and 18 were gang members or affiliates.
Those arrested during this week’s operation included:
- In Baltimore, an El Salvador citizen who entered the U.S. illegally on a fraudulent passport, and was previously charged with attempted murder/conspiracy to commit murder and convicted of first degree assault.
- In Boston, a citizen of India who entered the U.S. illegally and who was convicted of indecent assault/battery on a person over 14 and was required to register as a sex offender.
- In Denver, a citizen of Guatemala with lawful permanent legal status who was previously convicted of felony menacing, 6 DUIs, child abuse, assault and domestic violence harassment.
- In Los Angeles, a citizen of Mexico and documented Colonia Chiques gang member who entered the United States illegally and had previously rammed multiple law enforcement vehicles in an effort to evade arrest.
- In New York, a citizen of Ecuador with lawful permanent resident status who was previously charged with sexual abuse of a minor and convicted of endangering the welfare of a child, and convicted of sexual abuse of a minor under 14.
- In Philadelphia, a citizen of the Dominican Republic, who entered the country illegally and who has previous convictions for possession of firearms.
- In San Francisco, a citizen of El Salvador who entered the country illegally and who has previous convictions for sex with a minor under 16.
- In San Jose, a citizen of Mexico who entered the U.S. on a visa and overstayed that visa for more than 10 years.
- In Seattle, a citizen of Mexico who entered the country illegally and who has previous convictions for DUI, reckless endangerment and negligent driving.
- n Washington, D.C., a citizen of El Salvador who entered the country illegally and who has previous convictions for possession of an unregistered firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition.
Thank god all of these violent people would be now charged for their crimes and ultimately sent back to their countries. Without them here, this country will be a much safer place for all of its legal citizens.
What do you think about this? Share this on Facebook and Twitter SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE